You have a passion for creating electrical designs and solutions. As an Electrical Engineer, you enjoy working in a technical environment and approaching electrical design issues in an interdisciplinary manner.
Does this fit you? Then you could be our next Electrical Engineer!
What will you be doing?
As part of the Hardware R&D team, our Medior/Senior Electrical Engineer will work on electronics development and will perform testing activities within projects for our new Ultimaker products. You will be creating test setups and doing research in order to gain and share knowledge needed for product development and continuous improvement of the 3D printing process.
What will your team look like?
You will report to the Hardware Manager and you will work closely with your fellow Electrical Engineers. You will interact with our Software Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and Material and Process Engineers in interdisciplinary project teams, guided by a Project Manager.
You will also work with colleagues from Product Management (for customer inputs and issue tracking), Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality Control (for manufacturing and quality inputs).
What have we worked on recently?
The Ultimaker 3, which houses NFC, capacitive sensing, stepper motors, PID control, Wi-Fi, I2C buses, USB, serial communication, 1-wire, a camera, an OLED display, heated aluminium-core PCB, PT100’s, several processors, etc... This project needed software development, PCB design, (EMC) testing, development of algorithms, development of test setups (and software).
What will your day in the office look like?
You start with a morning meeting where you discuss issues that came up during development and give relevant input on how to go about. After discussing with the software department you go on and work on PCB development and help your colleague with his set up for the new Ultimaker electronics test. Being one of our electronics specialists, you will have many contacts outside the company, for example with our electronics suppliers. At the front desk, there are some suppliers whom you provide feedback in a scheduled meeting about delivered subparts, which will be followed up by a short game of foosball in our canteen.
Do you fit this profile?
You have knowledge of electronics design and base knowledge of embedded software. You have experience with product development. You’re eager to learn; you enjoy working together to understand the physics behind the product. Your knowledge and experience is a solid foundation and you know how to use it to design and build reliable electronics.
- Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree in electrical engineering
- >4 yrs of experience in electronics design and PCB layout
- Working knowledge of EMC (design and testing) and SI
- Experience with DFM, DFT and DFA
- Experience in working within multidisciplinary project teams
- Familiar with the process of setting requirements, making specifications, design documentation, test reports
Definitely a plus
- Experience with Altium
- Software skills (Python, C, ARM, Linux, etc.)
- Knowledge of product safety regulations
- Experience with Solidworks
- Knowledge of mechanical systems
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- A cutting-edge Lenovo laptop/ 13-inch MacBook Pro
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
- A monthly get together with drinks, food, raffles, and fun!
More about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market-leader; creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, and Boston, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of over 250 employees continually strives to offer the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
Interested in working at a fast-growing, ambitious company? If so, please get in touch with Maria Verdu by email with your motivation letter and resume in English.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.