We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer who can help our team to build, manage, and maintain cutting-edge solution stacks that power our platforms, as well as a range of (cloud-based) applications.
What will you be doing?
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with developers and product specialists to deploy and maintain application stacks. You will improve the developer’s workflows through proactive evaluation of suitable tools. You will be responsible for the smooth operation of (online) services and will react quickly to incidents and downtime. You are self-sufficient and think outside the box, and actively engage with your team to get the work done.
In this position, you will be:
- Working intensively with your scrum team members
- Joining the daily standup meetings and demos
- Setting priorities for yourself
- Helping create awesome solutions
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers and product owners, and you will help to create the best software products. We set the bar high and we want you to help us get there.
What will your day in the office look like?
During the morning standup, you’ll touch base with your team and discuss who will do what and whether anyone needs your help. You’ll keep an eye on the production systems and check the metrics for performance issues. After working on designing the new CI system, you merge a PR from a colleague on GitHub. You always have a terminal open with several SSH sessions, as well as a browser tab with the documentation wiki. Over lunch in the canteen, you hear about a cool new 3D model and you plan to 3D print it later. In the afternoon, you’ll have a meeting with a couple of developers to discuss the functionality of a very exciting new service.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, computer science, or engineering, or an equivalent with a minimum of three years of relevant working experience
- Experience in a similar position within software development or, preferably, product development
- Strong Linux / Unix background
- Extensive experience in designing, maintaining, and building CI environments (both online and offline)
- Experience supporting network infrastructure like firewalls, DHCP, and DNS
- Experience supporting 24x7 high availability internet application environments, including web, database, and load balancing systems
- In-depth experience with deployment of production systems
- Extensive experience of working in agile / scrum development teams
- The ability to help the decision-making process related to paid SaaS, versus setting up a service yourself, in an informed manner
- A proactive, passionate, and inventive attitude
- A flexible attitude and the ability to work well under pressure
- Good communication skills in Dutch and/or English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes in container-based cloud environments, and a thorough understanding of containerization
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a preference
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with distributed database systems
- Experience with programming in Python
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of over 250 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working with our awesome team? Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter and résumé in English or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, those professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.