What will you be doing?
We create content that inspires people, influences them, and ultimately attracts them to our brand. As our content marketing specialist you’ll need to:
- Create technical presentations, blog posts, white papers, product guides, and other written materials
- Work closely with teammates and project leaders to create content that fosters positive brand awareness and supports our business development goals
- Optimize new and existing web copy for SEO purposes
- Assist with product launches
What will your team look like?
You'll be part of our content creation team, consisting of three other content marketing specialists. This team is part of a fully-fledged marketing department consisting of nine other specialists, ranging from PR to community management, who all work in-house. Collectively, you’ll bring to life the inspiring stories and business cases of the customers that use our 3D printers and what they do with them. The team is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic mind to match theirs, with the ambition to learn a wide variety of marketing skills, while working with every discipline.
What have we worked on recently?
- Ultimaker S5 launch. We created dedicated marketing campaigns supporting the release of our new printer
- Business cases. New business cases were released on a weekly basis, following our content calendar
- Explore. New pages filled with relevant content about where and how 3D printing is used
What will your day in the office look like?
You arrive at the office, grab some delicious coffee or tea and start checking your emails. There is a new 3D printing tutorial slated for release next week according to the marketing calendar, and the PR specialist needs some professional copywriting help to pitch new contest announcement to big international publishers. Over lunch in the canteen, you talk about a new business case you are working on. You schedule a Skype meeting with the customer to make sure you have enough information to make the case comprehensive and complete.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or business-related discipline or proven background acting as a technical content writer
- Sounded experience working as a content creator (writing) in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- A technical background or demonstrable proficiency with writing technical content
- Experience with writing B2B texts for landing pages, articles, and other online content
- Great English writing and communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Team player
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see and contribute to the bigger picture
- Good at working to deadlines
- You’re proud of what you do
- You’re open for feedback and eager to learn from it
Definitely a plus
- Experience in 3D printing
- You have existing content which we can assess (e.g. your portfolio, personal blog, etc.)
- Have experience using photo and video editing software (e.g Photoshop, Premiere)
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 350 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
As part of our company plans for expansion, our head office in the Netherlands will relocate from Geldermalsen to Utrecht in mid-2019.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working with our awesome team? Please contact Gerard de Graaf by sending your motivation letter and résumé in English or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.