As an ambitious and technically focused company, we keep moving forward with innovation. We are looking for a sharp minded and talented Python Developer who can help our software development team reach the next level, creating more and even better quality products.
Our new team member should have a very technical background in computer engineering or applied computer science.
Are you up for the challenge? Then, keep reading.
What will you be doing?
As a Software Engineer, you will be working on one or more of our core software products. You work closely together with software engineers and other R&D disciplines in a multidisciplinary way to create awesome products. Our software team is an extremely enthusiastic and motivated team, so you’ll need to fit seamlessly into that working environment. It is your responsibility to write excellent code, conduct unit tests, and help refine user stories. With creative solutions, you’ll deliver a contribution to the solutions we implement in our products. This includes:
- Reviewing code from peers
- Testing code from peers
- Working intensively with your Scrum team members
- Joining the daily standup meetings and demos
- Helping create awesome software
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers, and product owners and you will help create the best software products. We set the bar high and we want you to help us get there.
What have we worked on recently?
- We release new versions of our firmware and our 3D slicing software (Ultimaker Cura) every second month to offer new innovations to our customers
- We are busy creating new products that will help our customers get even more out of their printers
What will your day in the office look like?
During the morning standup, you touch base with your team and discuss who will do what and whether anyone needs your help. You’ll work on developing a new feature for a couple of hours and then it’s lunchtime. Over lunch in the canteen, you hear about a cool new 3D model. You plan to 3D print it later at home. Afterwards, you have a meeting with a couple of developers to discuss the functionality of a new feature. Before you leave home, you review some code from one of your peers.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, computer science, and engineering or similar with a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience
- Relevant experience with Python programing language
- Experience in a similar position within software development or, preferably, product development
- Affiliation with manufacturing techniques and subsequent fields of expertise like mechanics
- Strong eye for detail
- A proactive, passionate, and inventive attitude
- A flexible attitude and the capability to work under pressure
- A productive attitude that works toward solutions
- Experience in working with technical teams and colleagues from different backgrounds
- Good communication skills in Dutch and/or English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with Scrum/agile is preferred
- Experience with JIRA and GitHub
- Experience with 3D printing
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
- A monthly get together with drinks, food, raffles, and fun
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 350 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technically advanced company? Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter and résumé in English or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.