We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to provide life-cycle support for existing products within the Hardware R&D team.
Do you have experience working in product maintenance and sustainability? Are you looking for a working environment where you can be yourself? Keep reading!
What will you be doing?
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- On a content level, lead a team responsible for all R&D hardware-related activities on existing products and engineering process improvements
- Standardization of engineering work within the hardware group, continuous improvement of our Technical Product Documentation (TPD), Product Data Management (PDM), Jira, and related processes
- Resolving product and component defects
- Optimizing parts for better manufacturing, service or quality control (DfX)
- Releasing component updates to Supply Chain and Manufacturing
- Supporting assembly in detail design of jigs and fixtures
What will your team look like?
You will be leading a team that consists of dedicated Hardware R&D engineers focused on improving existing products and engineering processes. You will report to the Hardware Manager and work closely with Service (for issue and change tracking, and customer inputs), Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance (for manufacturing and quality inputs) and other Mechanical and Electronics engineers on the hardware R&D team.
What have we worked on recently?
By introducing new workflows in our ticket and tracking system (Jira), we were able to streamline the engineering work on the following tasks: quality issues, engineering changes, new source development, field corrective actions an Embedded SW. Now that everything is clearly tracked and traced, these activities and their progress are visible to everybody in the company in Jira, enabling smoother cooperation and easier reporting.
What will your day in the office look like?
While having morning coffee, you touch base with your team and discuss whether someone needs your help. After working in CAD on a cost-down redesign of one of our printer subsystems, it’s lunchtime! In the afternoon, you work on process improvements to TPD creation and release. Before the day is finished, you check all updates on existing issues and prepare for the Products in Market board meeting that you will attend next day. You spend each Monday at our factory in Zaltbommel, so you can discuss all potential improvements you are working on with stakeholders from Supply Chain and Manufacturing, as well as attend weekly meetings regarding quality issues.
Do you fit this profile?
You have extensive knowledge of mechanical hardware design and prototyping, and base knowledge of electronics design and embedded software. You have experience with component manufacturing, assembly and quality control. You also possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in HW design, tooling, manufacturing, process and quality control
- Solid expertise in CAD
- Experience with setup and maintenance of TPD, as well as with a PDM system, basic understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Accurate craftsman with a passion for detail design improvement
- Solution-oriented with an eye for both quick fixes and structural resolution
- Well-organized and comfortable in activity planning and progress monitoring
- Familiar with cost-price calculation
- Customer-oriented and a team player
- A hands-on and practical attitude
- Good communication skills in Dutch and/or English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with Solidworks
- Experience with Solidworks PDM
- Experience with Atlassian Jira
- Experience with Microsoft D356 ERP
- Experience with agile development
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and attending meetups
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 350 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We are offering you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us make the unbelievable believable. Together, we make one hell of a team.
Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter and résumé, or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, those professionals not entitled to work in the Netherlands will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.