Are you a student in the field of mechanical or material engineering? Are you up for making a difference, with Ultimaker as your first step into the professional world? Then please read on!
What will you be doing?
You will be in the lead of a research project to expand the possibilities in applications for 3D printing in different market segments. We would be happy to tell you more about this assignment in a personal meeting at our office.
What will your team look like?
You will be working closely with talented Application Engineers and Business Development Managers from different nationalities and locations.
We set the bar high, and we want you to help us get there.
What will your day at the office look like?
When you come in the office in the morning you will take the 3D printed applications out of the printers that you have started yesterday. Maybe you will restart a printer or continue your work on your research with the team and its key account customers. After working on your assignment, it’s lunch time. During the afternoon, you are working on / testing 3D printed applications and improving them. Next to that you are supporting the business development team with a high-value application for a customer. Before you go home, you will need to start some 3D printers again with results you got out of the research you did the same day.
Do you fit this profile?
You should be:
- Pursuing a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Engineering, or similar
- Looking for an internship for six months or longer
- Proactive with an inventive and creative attitude
- Passionate about your study
- Willing to learn more about business
- Able to perform hands-on experiments
- Greatly interested in additive manufacturing and – in particular – FFF technology
- Willing to work closely with different teams and people from different backgrounds
- Able to communicate clearly with all stakeholders (with different backgrounds)
- Able to talk with customers, understanding their needs and requirements
- Curious, dynamic, and eager to learn
- Comfortable working in a high-paced environment
- Experienced in using CAD software
You should have:
- A flexible attitude
- A productive mindset, always working toward solutions
- The ability to share your thoughts and work with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with or affinity for 3D printing
- Business mindset – backed up with examples of your experience
What we offer
- Paid internship
- Good guidance during your internship
- Unlimited use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- Access to high-tech equipment
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Free lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of Utrecht Centraal train station (2-3 minutes)
- Expansion of your knowledge in 3D printing and key account customers
Interested in working for us? Please contact Gerard de Graaf by sending your motivation letter and resume or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, those professionals not entitled to work in the Netherlands will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.